Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On The Chocolate Homestretch

Greetings from the CocoaRoar factory!  I must apologize for neglecting my dear Kitchen Fiddler readers in these past two weeks, but I'm finding it difficult to do much as my hands are semi-permanently covered in chocolate these days.  That can actually be a lot of fun, but I don't recommend blogging or doing anything else near your computer if you happen to find yourself in a similar chocolatey state.

  

It makes sense that my hands would be perpetually chocolate-covered this month since i had to fill all of these red boxes with my homemade truffles before Christmas.  The boxes were stacked 4-deep on my shelf two weeks ago, about 300 boxes total.  But as that stack has diminished considerably, I'm racing towards the finish line of the CocoaRoar Christmas '09 season with only five dozen more orders to fill in the next two days.  I think I'm going to make it.


I had some help the other day when my nephew came to hang out in the chocolate factory.  The Little Chef was very excited to be here and insisted on putting some truffles in boxes for our friends.  The least I could do was thank him for his careful help with some freshly dipped peanut butter truffles.


A batch of ginger-infused ganache is calling my name right now, begging to be scooped out by the teaspoonful, dipped in melted chocolate and adorned with a piece of crystallized ginger.  I can’t ignore such a compelling call, but I promise I will be back here on Kitchen Fiddler in a few days when I come up for air.  In the meantime, I wish you all a very joyous holiday season! 

No comments: